The Marchi Mini-Grant Program was designed to support creative educational projects that engage students, support student mastery of academic standards, and increase student achievement. Many teachers want to implement unique learning experiences, but they lack the necessary resources. The Marchi Mini-Grants Program provides up to $1,500 per teacher or $3,000 per multi-teacher team to implement programs which significantly enhance student learning.
The Marchi Mini-Grants Program is named after Lisa Marchi, a beloved Mapleton principal who passed away in 2012. This program honors her commitment to students, teachers, and the joy of learning.
Applications for the program are available each fall. Please check back in August 2017 for next year’s mini-grant application.
Past funded projects include:
- Technology for Inquiry-Based Science – Serving (155) 11th and 12th grade students at Mapleton Expeditionary School for the Arts
- Integrating Science and Social Studies Content instruction to increase Reading and Writing Proficiency – Serving (110) 5th and 6th grade students at Meadow Community School
- Service Learning Through Planter Boxes – Serving (75) 3rd grade students at Valley View K-8
- Enhancing Reading through Technology – Serving Special Education students in K-8th grades at Meadow Community School
- The Chick Lifecycle Project – Serving (60) 3rd grade students at Valley View K-8
- Green Screen Technology – Serving (60) 4th grade students at Monterey Community School
- Creating Capable Readers Project – Serving (20) Primary Program students at Global Leadership Academy
- Energy Project – Serving (50) 8th grade students at Achieve Academy