The Marchi Mini-Grant Program was designed to support creative educational projects that engage students, support student mastery of academic standards, and increase student achievement. Many teachers want to implement unique learning experiences, but they lack the necessary resources. The Marchi Mini-Grants Program provides up to $1,500 per teacher or $3,000 per multi-teacher team to implement programs which significantly enhance student learning.
The Marchi Mini-Grants Program is named after Lisa Marchi, a beloved Mapleton principal who passed away in 2012. This program honors her commitment to students, teachers, and the joy of learning.
Applications for the program are available each fall. Please check back in August 2018 for next year’s mini-grant application.
In 2017, the Foundation was proud to support the following Marchi Mini-Grants:
- Brianna Clark, MESA – Leadership through Skydiving
- Tia Nevil, Explore – Exploration, Experiences and Employability
- Margaret Hoppe, MEC – Technology to Facilitate Inquiry-Based Science
- Melanie Bosquez and Jennifer Coatman, Achieve – Thorne Nature Experience
- Anna Neefe, Monterey – Calwood Education Center
- Mellissa Lewis, York – Hip Hip Hooray for DNA
- Marisa Abreo, Global – Engineering Obstacles to Challenge Mind & Body