Postsecondary education has become so expensive that many families can longer afford it. To ensure that every high-potential student has access to postsecondary education, the Mapleton Education Foundation provides scholarships to high-need, high-potential Mapleton students. Most scholarship recipients are the first in their families to attend college.
Scholarship awards range from $1,000 – $5,000 per year for 2-4 years. Important partners like the University of Colorado Boulder, Front Range Community College Foundation and Colorado School of Mines provide matching funds for Mapleton Education Foundation scholarship recipients.
In addition to post-secondary scholarships, the Foundation also supports a post-secondary transition program, which provides Mapleton graduates with additional support throughout their first year in college. An advisor provides one-on-one guidance in areas of financial planning, housing, transportation, academics, and social-emotional support. The program has been shown to more than double post-secondary enrollment rates in participating schools.
Resources for Scholarship Winners
- To activate your scholarship, please submit an activation form (along with the required attachments).
- For a list of other available post-secondary scholarship opportunities, please visit Mapleton Public Schools’ post-secondary scholarship page.
- If you have already been awarded a scholarship and wish to activate it, please complete our activation form. If you would like to defer your scholarship, please download and submit our scholarship deferment form.
- For detailed information about 2017 scholarships, please download our 2017 scholarship information packet.
- All 2017 scholarship winners and 2016 Adams County Scholarship Fund winners have access to the Foundation’s transition coordinator, who provides support on all things college! If you have questions about housing, financial aid, course registration, finding a job, or if you are having a hard time and need support, please contact Katie Bailey, the Foundation’s transition coordinator.
Resources for Scholarship Applicants
- Scholarship applications for our 2018 scholarship applications will open in early 2018.
- To learn more about scholarships that were available in 2017, please download our 2017 scholarship information packet. Please note that available scholarships will change in 2018.
Resources for Scholarship Donors
- To learn about establishing a named scholarship, please visit our support page.
Congratulations to Our 2016 Scholarship Winners
|Adeola||Awolaja||Adams County Scholarship Fund Scholarship||$10,000|
|Gisselle||Gonzalez||Adams County Scholarship Fund Scholarship||$10,000|
|Miranda||Herrera Frausto||Adams County Scholarship Fund Scholarship||$5,000|
|Andrea||Juarez||Adams County Scholarship Fund Scholarship and Superintendent’s Scholarship||$14,000|
|Janelle||Martinez||Adams County Scholarship Fund Scholarship||$5,000|
|Adam||Padilla||Adams County Scholarship Fund Scholarship||$10,000|
|Elena||Parapunova||Adams County Scholarship Fund Scholarship||$20,000|
|Dominique||Pinedo||Adams County Scholarship Fund Scholarship||$10,000|
|Aurora||Thompson||Adams County Scholarship Fund Scholarship||$5,000|
|Dylan||Walker||Adams County Scholarship Fund Scholarship||$10,000|
|Frida||Soto||Back on Track Scholarship||$8,000|
|Michael||Nguyen||Building America’s Future Scholarship funded by the VonderHofen family||$1,000|
|Marilyn||Bahena||Crescent Point Energy Scholarship||$5,000|
|Carlos||Molina||Crescent Point Energy Scholarship||$5,000|
|Roberto||Mier Peralta||Global Leadership Academy “Achieve Your Dreams” Scholarhsip||$500|
|Josef||Bauderer||John G. Byrd Scholarship||$3,000|
|Amanda||Carpio||John G. Byrd Scholarship||$3,000|
|Argentina||Mena||Legacy Bookstore Scholarship||$1,000|
|Mark||Smith||Legacy Bookstore Scholarship||$1,000|
|Charmie||Vang||Legacy “First Generation” Scholarship||$2,500|
|Selena||Aguiniga||Legacy Bookstore Scholarship and Superintendent’s Scholarship||$5,000|
|Manuel||Rodriguez Vega||Legacy Scholarship and Superintendent’s Scholarship||$9,000|
|Paola||Sanchez Lugo||Legacy Scholarship||$2,000|
|Jazmin||Rodriguez||Legacy Scholarship & Global Leadership Academy “Achieve your Dreams” Scholarship||$2,500|
|Haley||Candelario||Mapleton Music Educator’s Scholarship||$1,500|
|Samuel||Piltz||Margareta Sowder “Renewable Energy” Scholarship||$1,000|
|Sara||Collins||Regina E. Matney Teacher Scholarship||$15,000|
|David||Ramey||The Frank Family “Energy and the Environment” Scholarship||$1,000|
|Carlos||Castaneda Villa||Thomas J. Fuselier Scholarship||$4,000|